1 July 2019
Dengue is a mosquito-borne viral disease that has rapidly spread throughout the world in recent years. Dengue virus is transmitted by female mosquitoes mainly of the species Aedes aegypti and, to a lesser extent, Ae. albopictus. Dengue is widespread throughout the tropics, with local variations in risk influenced by rainfall, temperature and unplanned rapid urbanization.
According to data by the National Environment Agency (NEA) in Singapore, there were 5,261 reported cases as of June 17, 2019.
Four people have died from dengue amid the spike in the number of cases in Singapore. This news draws attention to worldwide since this dengue case spike within the first half of this year only! NEA said they are in the traditional dengue peak season and a collective national effort is critical to keep the dengue situation under control. It previously noted the warmer months of June to October would see a higher transmission of dengue.
Not only Singapore, dengue happens throughout the world that must keep an eye on. We at Reszon are committed to produce cost-effective and reliable diagnostic tests for Dengue. Preventive measures should be taken in order for the risk factors to be minimized as much as possible. Learn more about Reszon Dengue Rapid Test Kit here.
Dengue Rapid IgG/IgM Test
• Rapid ICT assay for detection of dengue fever
• Detect specific IgG/IgM antibodies to dengue virus
• Can be used for presumptive distinction between a primary and secondary dengue infection
• Simple to perform & no special equipment required
• Assay time: 15-20 minutes
• Specimen : Whole blood/serum/plasma
• Specimen volume: 10 µl
- Channel News Asia. Weekly dengue cases in Singapore spike to highest in more than 3 years. Accessed 29th June 2019.