Can malaria reoccur after treatment?
- P. vivax and P. ovale can hibernate in the liver and cause relapsing disease weeks or months after the patient is symptom free
What is the prognosis of malaria?
- If diagnosed early and if the appropriate antibiotics are available and used, the prognosis of malaria is very good.
- Worldwide, malaria is responsible for over 400,000 deaths per year. The majority of victims are young children from sub-Saharan Africa. Death is usually due to lack of available treatment or access to treatment.
- falciparum tends to be the species causing the most complications and has a high mortality if untreated.
- Cerebral malaria, a complication of P. falciparum malaria, has a 20% mortality rate even if treated.
Don’t take light of malaria infection. Earlier and accurate diagnose could safe life by using Reszon Malaria Rapid (Pan/Pf) Test.
Learn more about the product: bit.ly/2A5h8PH